Sunday, November 20, 2011

Better Late Than Never?

So, typical me.  Here I am, thinking that something would be a fun idea about five years after everyone else has done it, gotten good at it, and is now over it and on to the next thing.  But since I’ve become a stay at home mom, I discovered blogs (okay, let’s be honest, it’s really been since I found Pinterest… damn that sight is addicting…), and thought it might be an interesting thing to try out myself.  Not so much that other people will read my blog, but more that it might be a fun way to express myself, do some writing, and just keep track of all my experiments, which mostly fall into the realm of one of the following:

(1) Food experiments.  Being a celiac, there are lots of trials and errors here, whether it be cooking, eating out, or trying new products.  So maybe someone will learn something, not make the same mistakes, or find something new that looks yummy.  Even if you’re not gluten free, the diet has opened up a whole new world of food that my previous, picky self would have turned up my nose at.

(2) Crafty experiments.  I like being crafty.  Whether it is for a gift or something in the house, I’ve found myself getting back to being more creative since I left the land of gray cubes and fluorescent lights.

(3)  Life experiments.  Being a first-time mom, I’m sure there will be some experiments in raising my little bean, Adalyn.  Hopefully these will turn out better than the food and crafty ones, but let’s be honest, we all like reading about other people’s trials and errors in this arena!

So we’ll see if this ends up being something that I stick with or something that ends up collecting dust like some of my half-started projects in the basement.  Anyone want to make a wager?

No comments:

Post a Comment