Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Simple Mom's Project Simplify 2012

One of the blogs that I've been into a lot lately is Simple Mom.  In her About section she says that "Simple Mom is a productivity blog for home managers.  It's like Zen Habits wearing an apron."  (love that)  I've found myself bookmarking a lot of her posts because they are inspiring me to do things in my own life; she posts a lot of links that I find interesting too.  Her latest post has me motivated to actually do a few things instead of spending all this time reading about it, so here goes...

Project: Simplify - March 5-30, 2012!

Each Monday, she is going to say "go", and we are going to have a virtual support group working on tackling four major areas in our houses.  Here is the line up:  
  • Week of March 5: Kids’ stuff—toys, clothes, and the like (I think if you don't have kids, this could just be your own clothes or "toys", like craft stuff, electronics, movies, CDs, books, etc.)
  • Week of March 12: Kitchen and/or pantry
  • Week of March 19: Closets, countertops, and drawers
  • Week of March 26: Choose your own adventure - you pick your most-needed hot spot

I've enlisted my resident photographer to help as well, so hopefully you will even get some snazzy before and after pictures.  I'm in the middle of reading her book Organized Simplicity, so I may be trying to follow along with her suggestions listed there as I go too.

So let's get motivated to purge and clean up some stuff people - who's with me?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment