Saturday, July 28, 2012

Gluten Free Cinnamon Swirl Bread...And a Big Belly

As far as gluten free all-purpose flours go, my favorite by far has been Jules Gluten Free flour.  I have used it in a lot of her recipes (she has a great cook book Nearly Normal Cooking for Gluten Free Eating), but I have also had a lot of success using her flour in regular, non-gluten free recipes too.  I think it acts the most like wheat all-purpose flour of any that I've tried, and it also has a year-long shelf life, unlike a lot of the organic flours that go bad quickly.

The other day she blogged about a reader's recipe for cinnamon swirl bread so I decided to try it.  My lovely neighbor had been talking about some gluten free coffee cake she had on vacation so I was in the mood for something yummy, and I had all of the ingredients.  So at nap time, I got busy.

The batter was super thin so I was a little worried at this point.

You are supposed to pour in half the batter, then sprinkle the sugar
and cinnamon mixture, then pour on the other half of the batter.  Well, I poured a
little too much in initially, so my cinnamon mixture didn't get covered up very well.
I used a knife to do some swirly things and hoped for the best.

Look how pretty it turned out!  And can I say it tasted just as good as it looked.

And finally, one of the hazards of baking while pregnant.
You have a shelf for flour and things to land on your shirt.
I know, I was only 24 weeks pregnant when I took this.
I know, I have a while to go until October 29th. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment